Á Turistica Hotel Resort Project
Nestled on over 70 fenced and gated acres with over a kilometer of private lakefront access, this development will comprise well-appointed private rooms. Each room will feature stunning lake views and private en suite bathrooms, which are open-air , giving guests a truly unique African experience. Two private pools with amazing views of Lake Cahora Bassa and the surrounding breathtaking wilderness will be offered to guests.
- Hotel Development : A Turistica on Lake Cahora Bassa, Tete Province, Mozambique
- APPROVED PROJECT OVERVIEW -
- Estimated Capital Expenditure: $25 million USD
- Kinetica Limited (Mauritius) is the sole owner of an unencumbered 73 acre lakefront property (with over 1 kilometer of private lakefront) right on Lake Cahora Bassa (in Tete province, Mozambique), approximately two and a half hours from the burgeoning mining city of Tete. Global mining giants including, TATA, BHP Billiton, Mitsui, Jindal, Nippon Steel and Vale all have been awarded large long term 50 year concessions. Many of the mines have been operating for a number of years.
- The Tete area has undergone rapid growth which has further accelerated with the recent (Q3 2015) expansion to the rail and road infrastructure.
- This market is now ready for our 5 Star resort. The target market for our 45,000 sq ft resort is strong and varied. On top of international tourism, local Mozambican nationals, their businesses and the international mining community in the region are also expected to visit and enjoy our resort and conference center facilities. Our project will be supplemented by existing world class fishing tourism, general eco-tourism and a “primed for growth” safari industry resulting from the recently established 350,000 hectare Magoe Game Reserve near the lake.
- A full Feasibility Study of our project is now available upon signing an NDA. This comprehensive report was undertaken by Grant Thornton.
- We have reached an “approval in principal” with the Taj board. Our agreement with the Taj Hotels Group covers the financials terms for the 25 year operation of the facility as agreed to by our two parties. We are currently finalizing a long term Operating Agreement to cover the day to day operation of the facility for the 25 years. This resort will be branded as a “Vivanta” by Taj resort branding.
- The project has all requisite approvals in place such as land ownership documents (D.U.A.T), CPI’s, accelerated depreciation tax credits, customs duty exemptions and VAT exemptions.
- Kinetica, based out of Mauritius, has been in place as our offshore entity since 2011. Mozambican bank accounts are in place in Tete (Standard Bank SA) as are Mauritian bank accounts (MCB Bank).
- To date, the ownership group have invested several million dollars US into the facility, inclusive of the land purchase and expansion of its hard assets.
- The resort and conference centre has its foundations laid (set five feet down into the ground), full security fencing surrounds the property and the gardens are landscaped with an irrigation system operating year round.
- There is existing extensive infrastructure including a home with all full amenities including internet and TV. There is a pool and two large cabanas for outdoor cooking, a very comfortable “guest house” capable of housing eight to ten visitors. There is staff housing for ten, a dock, a full road network throughout the property, a warehouse/processing facility, a shop, a tractor and a marine fueling station.
- We hold an additional 25 acre property across the lake (20 minutes) available for day excursions such as camping, bbq’s (braai), fishing and hiking. Additionally this property could become another development.
- According to the Quantity Surveyor analysis report, this will be a 2 to 3 year development.
Development has begun
To date, the ownership group has invested several million dollars US into the resort, inclusive of the land purchase and the expansion of its hard assets. The resort has its foundations laid (set five feet down into the ground), full security fencing surrounds the property and the gardens are landscaped with an irrigation system operating year round.
Brad Farris is the COO and a Director of the Á Turistica Hotel Project. He has over 30 years of business and executive experience. Brad has a lot of international experience having worked and or traveled to over 50 countries including Mozambique. Brad brings experience in building projects to their successful fruition, and has been key in driving the project forward.
Brad would love to tell you more about the project.
Please contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org